This is a Risky Combination - Diabetes and Procrastination!
Most patients with diabetes know exactly what they have to do with their own body. Counting carbohydrates, maintaining healthy weight, exercising, testing blood glucoses, going to doctor appointments and so on. However, there is always a tendency for them to apply procrastination with regards to this routine.
Procrastination is not just counter-productive, it is dangerous. It may cause difficult complications and create emergency situations.
Why diabetics procrastinate
Knowing that it can result to some unfavorable cases, procrastination is still practiced by many diabetics and these are because of reasons they mostly encounter.
An article about a faith and a purpose-driven life, written by Rick Warren mentioned the 5 common reasons why people procrastinate. We can associate those 5 reasons to procrastination among patients with diabetes as well. Patients with diabetes apply procrastination because of indecision, fear, laziness, anger and perfectionism.
Indecision. Indecision when the patient is overwhelmed with “to do” list such as taking insulin, go to the doctor, attend diabetes class and a lot more. The list can be a long one that he ends up deciding on doing nothing.
Fear. Some patients with diabetes do not go to doctor for fear of seeing their A1C results because they are aware that their diabetes management is poor. Another cause of fear is when the patient detects some complications that he tries to ignore.
Laziness. Lazy to do some routines such as monitoring sugar levels and taking medication. Or probably, a diabetes patient thinks that procrastination of or even skipping a medication once or twice shall do no harm at all.
Anger. Procrastination can be caused by anger because the patient does not like what the doctor or health providers suggest. Or simply he does not want to be being told of what to do.
Perfectionism. It is the patient’s idea to go to the doctor if his diabetes is perfectly managed and that blood glucose is at a perfect level.
We all know that diabetes is a health concern. Something that can sabotage the body’s functionality. There is no room for confusion, fear, anger, indecision and laziness. Act on it now for your own health’s sake and do not wait when blood glucose is perfect.
Doctors and health providers are ideally friends of diabetes patients. They can help diabetics avoid procrastination. It is ideal that diabetics are open to them all the time as they can give more help than harm. After all, these people are part of a patient’s diabetes management.
Whois Online?We have 91 guests and 2 members online
- Glutathione – the Master Oxida...
This process must be repeated until the rice comes...
- For Diabetics and for Everyone...
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I truly appre...
- American Diabetes Association ...
Seria interessante ter bate papo com autor redigid...
- Vegetarian Diet and Diabetes
Curso é excelente, a professora Roberta Pereira of...
- American Diabetes Association ...
Muitas pessoas que vendem doces nas ruas, nas port...
Web StatContent View Hits : 3540184
Diabetic-friendly food can be found easily in Singapore
Members Online: 1
You might also like these
- Taking Diabetes Seriously
- Diabetes and Food
- Fruits with high and low sugar content
- Fruits and Diabetes
- How to get your blood sugar under
- Types of Diabetes
- Let those people around understand Diabetes Part 1
- How to Involve Your Friends and Family in Your Diabetes Care Part 2
- Consequences Of Untreated Diabetes
- Prevention Is Better Than Cure!
- If You Come from a Diabetic Bloodline, is Diabetes Awaiting You?
- All About Cancer and Diabetes
- Dealing with Wounds For People with Diabetes
- Diabetes In Young People - When Your Kids Are Hit
- Diabetes and Insomnia
- Diabetes and Wound Healing
- Diabetes and the Elderly
- When A College Student Has Diabetes
- Dating: To Tell or Not to Tell That You Have Diabetes
- Diabetes and Carbohydrates – a Pair to Watch
- Diabetics Beware When Emergency Arise!
- Dealing with Diabetes in an Economic Way
- How is Diabetes Affected by Warm Climate?
- Diabetes Legs - For Amputation or Not?
- Are Protein Bars Good for Diabetes?
- Diabetes and Sports
- Diabetes Target Blood Sugar Levels
- Dealing with Diabetes in a Hectic Schedule
- Managing Diabetes and Work
- Travelling with Diabetes? No Big Deal
- Driving Along with Diabetes
- Diabetes Blood Sugar Testing
- Diabetes in Babies: Check Your Babies for Early Detection
- Acupuncture for Diabetes – Anyone?
- Diabetes Myths and Facts
- Eye Care: Stretch Your Vision with Diabetes
- Alcohol Effects on Diabetes
- Prevention: Treat Diabetes Before It Happens
- Diabetes is Here. Take Charge!
- Eating Out with Diabetes
- Neuropathy – A Diabetes Complication
- Sweeten Your Life with Diabetes Artificial Sweeteners
- Diabetes Skin Care
- The Delicious Pair of Milk and Yogurt – Even Good for Patients with Diabetes
- Face Diabetes – Instead of Running Away from it!
- Diabetes Blood Sugar Control – A Topmost Importance
- Maximize Food Labels to Your Diabetes Advantage
- Food Label Basics for Diabetes Management
- Modern Medicine for Diabetes
- Knowing Pre-Diabetes Symptoms Can Stop Diabetes
- Mens Diabetic Socks for People with Diabetes
- Diabetes and Blood Sugar Levels Chart
- Diabetes – A Long Way to Go
- Ideal Diabetes Daily Schedule
- Warning Signs of Diabetes
- Pedicure and Diabetes: Can They Go Together?
- Kidney Disease and Diabetes
- Dehydration and Diabetes
- Diabetes and Your Liver
- The Boney Issue of Diabetes
- Facts About Diabetes Treatment
- Feeding Your Cell Membrane to Cure Diabetes
- Vegetarian Diet and Diabetes
- You and Your Child’s Diabetes Healthcare Team
- Fruit Factor Role in Diabetes
- Coconut Oil and Diabetes
- Diabetes Health Reference Charts
- Low Testosterone and Diabetes
- Diabetes and Underweight
- Fatal Diabetes Deceptions
- Marine Phytoplankton’s Role in Diabetes
- The Role of Magnesium in Diabetes Management
- Strength Training is Beneficial to Prevent or Manage Diabetes
- The Long-Term Dangers of Diabetes
- How Can Turmeric Help Cure Diabetes?
- All About T- Cells and Diabetes
- Reishi Mushrooms and the Fight Against Diabetes
- Edible Mushrooms for Diabetes
- Some Smarter Ways in Managing Diabetes
- Older Adults with Depression More Likely to have Diabetes
- Diabetes and Hypertension in African-Americans
- Diabetes Increases Rate of Cardiovascular Disease
- Diabetes Complication: Glaucoma and Other Eye Disorder
- Diabetes and Hypertension Compete in Causing Heart Failure to Older Americans
- When It Comes to Fighting with Diabetes and Overweight - Losers are Winners
- Diabetes Signs and Symptoms: Tips That You Already Have the Disease
- How Diabetes Can Harm Your Body
- Transfer Factor for Diabetes
- Diabetes in Infants: Can Infants have Diabetes?
- Diabetes and Atkins Diet: The Atkins Diabetes Revolution
- Diabetes Talk: Numbers Are For Real
- Noodles and Diabetes
- Moving On: Dealing with Diabetes
- Diabetes Support Groups
- Emerging Opportunities in Studies of Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes and Impotency
- Cystic Fibrosis and Diabetes
- Common Questions About Diabetes in Pregnancy
- Diabetes-Related Pregnancy Issues
- Try These Four Major Steps to Manage Diabetes
- When Diabetes Runs in Your Family
- What Has Sugar to Do with Diabetes
- How Diabetes Affects the Process of Wound Healing
- Making Use of Hemoglobin A1C to Diagnose Diabetes
- The Link Between Deafness and Diabetes
- Diabetes and Periodontal Disease
- All About Diabetes Gastroparesis
- How Diabetes Causes Impotence
- Differences in Racial and Ethnic Groups in Diagnosed Diabetes
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Diabetes
- Herbal Teas for Diabetes
- Some Noninvasive Treatments for Diabetes
- Air Pollution and Diabetes
- Recent Studies Link Diabetes to Heart Disease
- Diabetes May Cause Brain Shrinkage
- Coexistence of Diabetes and Arthritis
- Diabetes Control: It is Worth It!
- Patients with Diabetes Must Undergo Microalbumin Test
- How Would You Know You are at Risk of Diabetes?
- Monogenic Diabetes – a Rare Type of Diabetes
- Would Diabetes Develop Alzheimer's?
- Immunization Is Vital to Prevent Diabetes
- Vegetarians and Diabetes
- The Scary Part of Diabetes - What Harm Can It Do To Your Body
- What Can Iodine Do To Diabetes
- DNA and Diabetes
- The Effects of Fluoxetine in Diabetes
- Diabetes and Anemia
- Diabetes Family History and Other Factors
- When Diabetes Is Treated With Surgery
- When a Patient With Diabetes Undergo Any Surgery
- Fighting Diabetes With Weight Lifting
- How Diabetes Can Affect the Brain
- It's a Better Life Now With Diabetes
- What Will Diabetes Be in the Future?
- Possible Vaccine to Fight Diabetes