Blog - Medical Findings
Diabetes herb Salacia oblonga is believed to control blood glucose and it has an additional benefit of weight gain inhibitors.
Salacia oblonga - Diabetes herb
Bioactive constituents of Salacia oblonga
Salacia Oblonga contains two potent a-Glucosidase inhibitors: Salicinol and Kotalanol with unique chemical structures from the active fractions together with several known phenolic compounds, new sesquiterpenes (salasols A and B) and triterpenes (kotalagenin 16-acetate, salasones A-E, salaquinones A and B). Furthermore, S. reticulata and its phenolic constituents were found to exhibit pancreatic lipase inhibitory and anti-obese effects.
Hypoglycemic action mechanisms
Scientific evidence of Salacia oblonga
- Extract of Salacia oblonga lowers acute glycemia in patients with type 2 diabetes.Authors: Williams JA, Choe YS, Noss MJ, Baumgartner CJ, Mustad VA. Institute:Ross Products Division of Abbott Laboratories, Columbus, OH 43215, USA.Conclusion: The extract of the diabetes herb Salacia oblonga lowers acute glycemia and insulinemia in persons with type 2 diabetes after a high-carbohydrate meal. The results from this study suggest that Salacia may be beneficial to this population for postprandial glucose control.For further information visit Pubmed(National Center for Biotechnology Information).
- Salacia oblonga improves cardiac fibrosis and inhibits postprandial hyperglycemia in obese Zucker rats. Authors: Li Y, Peng G, Li Q, Wen S, Huang TH, Roufogalis BD, Yamahara J. Institute: Herbal Medicines Research and Education Center, Faculty of Pharmacy A15, The University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia. Conclusion:Postprandial hyperglycemia plays an important role in the development of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular complications. Diabetes herb Salacia oblonga demonstrated a strong inhibition of alpha-glucosidase activity in vitro, which is suggested to contribute to the improvement of postprandial hyperglycemia. For further information visit Pubmed (National Center for Biotechnology Information).
Salacia oblonga dosage
General dosage for the diabetes herb Salacia oblonga is 2.5 to 5.0 grams daily of the whole herb, or a comparable amount as extract. The root and bark are the part of the plant used.
Salacia oblonga safety
Diabetes herb Salacia oblonga is believed to be relatively safe. In human studies, the primary side effects seen are identical to the side effects of standard alpha-glucosidase inhibitors: gas and cramping.
Natural diabetes herbs treatment procedure
Are natural diabetes herbs safe?
Whois Online?We have 10 guests online
- Vegetarians and Diabetes
Ahaa, іts nice conversation ϲoncerning tɦis articl...
- Vegetarians and Diabetes
Hi tҺere, itts ǥood arficle сoncerning media print...
- Monogenic Diabetes – a Rare Ty...
Hi, I do think your website could possibly be havi...
- Diabetes and Atkins Diet: The ...
Hi, Neat post. There is a problem along with your ...
- When A College Student Has Dia...
I was very pleased to uncover this page. I want to...
Web StatContent View Hits : 843058
Diabetic-friendly food can be found easily in Singapore
Members Online: 0