Blog - Diet and Lifestyle
The benefits of noodles for diabetes
Carbohydrates in noodles are complex carbs and starch which the body digests slowly than it does to simple carbs (in milk products and granulated sugar). A single serving of noodles with non-starchy veggies and lean protein can give you energy without badly affecting your blood glucose target range.
The American Diabetes Association (ADA) suggests a carb intake of 45 to 60g every meal, depending on activity level, glucose parameters and age. (Consult your health provider). A cup of cooked egg noodles contains 40g carbs, 2g fiber and 221 calories. If your daily calorie requirement is 2,000 daily, this is 11 percent of that.
Like any carb-containing food, eating a lot of noodles can also lead to glucose levels elevation. Taking large portions of noodles may require you more insulin (if you have diabetes) and lead you to gaining weight. When you are having regular exercise, taking prescribed oral diabetes medication or insulin and eating balanced diet, you can have noodles in your healthy diet.
The kind of noodles and the duration of their cooking time make a difference in their effect to blood sugar. The longer noodles are boiled, the more they may increase blood glucose. Boil noodles till they are slightly firm as this makes their GI value lower.
Some debated that this is pure myth but studies of scientists have found that Shirataki noodles can help a diabetic patient because it rids excess insulin and plasma glucose. Scientists found soluble fiber in these noodles.
Shirataki noodles are not only good for diabetes patients, but are also found to lower cholesterol levels, avoid breast cancer and protect intestines from ulcer.
Whois Online?We have 81 guests and 2 members online
- Immunization Is Vital to Preve...
Początki: Dwa lata temu zdecydowałam się porzucić ...
- A Good Diabetes Diet for the C...
I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your s...
- Diabetes and Atkins Diet: The ...
Hello to every body, it's my first pay a visit of ...
- Aerobics and Weight Exercise f...
W czasie największych polskich targów motoryzacyjn...
- Bitter Mellon and diabetes
Hello, its fastidious article on the topic of medi...
Web StatContent View Hits : 4689867
Diabetic-friendly food can be found easily in Singapore
Members Online: 0
You might also like these
- Taking Diabetes Seriously
- Diabetes and Food
- Fruits with high and low sugar content
- Fruits and Diabetes
- How to get your blood sugar under
- Types of Diabetes
- Let those people around understand Diabetes Part 1
- How to Involve Your Friends and Family in Your Diabetes Care Part 2
- Consequences Of Untreated Diabetes
- Prevention Is Better Than Cure!
- If You Come from a Diabetic Bloodline, is Diabetes Awaiting You?
- All About Cancer and Diabetes
- Dealing with Wounds For People with Diabetes
- Diabetes In Young People - When Your Kids Are Hit
- Diabetes and Insomnia
- Diabetes and Wound Healing
- Diabetes and the Elderly
- When A College Student Has Diabetes
- Dating: To Tell or Not to Tell That You Have Diabetes
- Diabetes and Carbohydrates – a Pair to Watch
- Diabetics Beware When Emergency Arise!
- Dealing with Diabetes in an Economic Way
- How is Diabetes Affected by Warm Climate?
- Diabetes Legs - For Amputation or Not?
- Are Protein Bars Good for Diabetes?
- Diabetes and Sports
- This is a Risky Combination - Diabetes and Procrastination!
- Diabetes Target Blood Sugar Levels
- Dealing with Diabetes in a Hectic Schedule
- Managing Diabetes and Work
- Travelling with Diabetes? No Big Deal
- Driving Along with Diabetes
- Diabetes Blood Sugar Testing
- Diabetes in Babies: Check Your Babies for Early Detection
- Acupuncture for Diabetes – Anyone?
- Diabetes Myths and Facts
- Eye Care: Stretch Your Vision with Diabetes
- Alcohol Effects on Diabetes
- Prevention: Treat Diabetes Before It Happens
- Diabetes is Here. Take Charge!
- Eating Out with Diabetes
- Neuropathy – A Diabetes Complication
- Sweeten Your Life with Diabetes Artificial Sweeteners
- Diabetes Skin Care
- The Delicious Pair of Milk and Yogurt – Even Good for Patients with Diabetes
- Face Diabetes – Instead of Running Away from it!
- Diabetes Blood Sugar Control – A Topmost Importance
- Maximize Food Labels to Your Diabetes Advantage
- Food Label Basics for Diabetes Management
- Modern Medicine for Diabetes
- Knowing Pre-Diabetes Symptoms Can Stop Diabetes
- Mens Diabetic Socks for People with Diabetes
- Diabetes and Blood Sugar Levels Chart
- Diabetes – A Long Way to Go
- Ideal Diabetes Daily Schedule
- Warning Signs of Diabetes
- Pedicure and Diabetes: Can They Go Together?
- Kidney Disease and Diabetes
- Dehydration and Diabetes
- Diabetes and Your Liver
- The Boney Issue of Diabetes
- Facts About Diabetes Treatment
- Feeding Your Cell Membrane to Cure Diabetes
- Vegetarian Diet and Diabetes
- You and Your Child’s Diabetes Healthcare Team
- Fruit Factor Role in Diabetes
- Coconut Oil and Diabetes
- Diabetes Health Reference Charts
- Low Testosterone and Diabetes
- Diabetes and Underweight
- Fatal Diabetes Deceptions
- Marine Phytoplankton’s Role in Diabetes
- The Role of Magnesium in Diabetes Management
- Strength Training is Beneficial to Prevent or Manage Diabetes
- The Long-Term Dangers of Diabetes
- How Can Turmeric Help Cure Diabetes?
- All About T- Cells and Diabetes
- Reishi Mushrooms and the Fight Against Diabetes
- Edible Mushrooms for Diabetes
- Some Smarter Ways in Managing Diabetes
- Older Adults with Depression More Likely to have Diabetes
- Diabetes and Hypertension in African-Americans
- Diabetes Increases Rate of Cardiovascular Disease
- Diabetes Complication: Glaucoma and Other Eye Disorder
- Diabetes and Hypertension Compete in Causing Heart Failure to Older Americans
- When It Comes to Fighting with Diabetes and Overweight - Losers are Winners
- Diabetes Signs and Symptoms: Tips That You Already Have the Disease
- How Diabetes Can Harm Your Body
- Transfer Factor for Diabetes
- Diabetes in Infants: Can Infants have Diabetes?
- Diabetes and Atkins Diet: The Atkins Diabetes Revolution
- Diabetes Talk: Numbers Are For Real
- Moving On: Dealing with Diabetes
- Diabetes Support Groups
- Emerging Opportunities in Studies of Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes and Impotency
- Cystic Fibrosis and Diabetes
- Common Questions About Diabetes in Pregnancy
- Diabetes-Related Pregnancy Issues
- Try These Four Major Steps to Manage Diabetes
- When Diabetes Runs in Your Family
- What Has Sugar to Do with Diabetes
- How Diabetes Affects the Process of Wound Healing
- Making Use of Hemoglobin A1C to Diagnose Diabetes
- The Link Between Deafness and Diabetes
- Diabetes and Periodontal Disease
- All About Diabetes Gastroparesis
- How Diabetes Causes Impotence
- Differences in Racial and Ethnic Groups in Diagnosed Diabetes
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Diabetes
- Herbal Teas for Diabetes
- Some Noninvasive Treatments for Diabetes
- Air Pollution and Diabetes
- Recent Studies Link Diabetes to Heart Disease
- Diabetes May Cause Brain Shrinkage
- Coexistence of Diabetes and Arthritis
- Diabetes Control: It is Worth It!
- Patients with Diabetes Must Undergo Microalbumin Test
- How Would You Know You are at Risk of Diabetes?
- Monogenic Diabetes – a Rare Type of Diabetes
- Would Diabetes Develop Alzheimer's?
- Immunization Is Vital to Prevent Diabetes
- Vegetarians and Diabetes
- The Scary Part of Diabetes - What Harm Can It Do To Your Body
- What Can Iodine Do To Diabetes
- DNA and Diabetes
- The Effects of Fluoxetine in Diabetes
- Diabetes and Anemia
- Diabetes Family History and Other Factors
- When Diabetes Is Treated With Surgery
- When a Patient With Diabetes Undergo Any Surgery
- Fighting Diabetes With Weight Lifting
- How Diabetes Can Affect the Brain
- It's a Better Life Now With Diabetes
- What Will Diabetes Be in the Future?
- Possible Vaccine to Fight Diabetes